Click Here for More Info on Hurricane Matthew
• NWS Wakefield has stated that Matthew is projected to be on par with
Isabel and Irene. Based on the current timing the recommendation is
that all storm preparations be finished by daybreak Saturday.
• The current track has continued to move farther west and Wakefield has
stated that it looks to hit land around the SC/NC. It is currently projected
to be a Category 2 in northeast NC.
• Winds should begin as early as Friday night 30-35mph out of the East and
by daybreak Saturday 40 mph, higher for Virginia Beach. Saturday
afternoon could see hurricane-force winds. Peak winds Saturday
• Currently, the Matthew expected to pass late Saturday night and winds
will be out of the NE as it moves off coast.
• Rainfall can be expected to begin Friday night before winds arrive. We
are looking at prolonged rain Friday through Sunday and the current
projected amount of 4-8”, this could increase.
• Since the ground is already saturated, we will see fallen trees, power
outages and debris.
• High tides Saturday and Sunday will be at levels of Irene and possibly